Monday, 11 March 2013

First Day of SERVE and other happenings

Hey Everyone!

The last couple days have been action-packed and has made me somewhat tired . . . but there's so many things to do and so many new people to meet that I don't want to go to bed ;)

So I found out that I can actually eat a lot - and by a lot, I mean two full plates of pork, cheesy potatoes, corn, string beans, bread & butter, two servings of apple sauce, and a whole slice of caramel coffee cake :O

Yesterday, I met my prayer partner, Katie. She is absolutely adorable! We get little sand pails and shovels where our prayer partners can leave notes of encouragement and other stuff. They are quite awesome!

Today was my first day of SERVE!!!!! We helped out at two ladies' places:

1) Her name's Johanna, and she lives by herself in an apartment building. We helped her clean her windows with the help of Evan Roberts, a guy from Bradenton CRC.

2) Her name's Trudy, and she lives by herself in a mobile home. It was cute, a very bright yellow colour. We helped her clean up her front yard, wash her mobile home, do some scraping, pick out weeds and at the end, she treated us with donuts, pop, chips and raisin-bread. She is a sweetheart. (Evan was also on-site for this one).

Today, my small group, LOL (Living Out Loud), is leading worship for breakfast and dinner: we're focusing on the protection and safety that is our Lord and the theme for this week at SERVE: Just Be.

Talk to you guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment