Friday, 15 March 2013

Our Last Official Day . . .

Hey Everyone!

Wow, I can't even comprehend that today is the last day of Bradenton SERVE.
Just one week ago, we arrived in Florida and fell in love with the beauitiful sunshine. But in just a couple hours, we will be leaving it for the snow and cold of Canada.
 
We just got back from an amazing day away at Adventure Island (the water park), in Tampa. Kaitlyn and I went on literally every single water slide that was open. I am extremely hungry now and can't wait for dinner :)

Tonight is going to be our last night or worship, along with many other things. Worship has always been one of my favourite parts about SERVE and I especially requested "In Christ Alone" tonight for our last worship. Just singing that song with a whole bunch of other people in church gives me goosebumps (in a good way).

Tomorrow, we will be getting up at 5:00 AM to take the 24 hour drive back to Oakville. I'm praying that traffic at the border and getting out of Florida won't be brutal.

Tonight, some girls were even talking about staying up all night to hang out one last time before everyone leaves tomorrow morning. I'm kind of tempted to do that because I won't see these people for a long time, but at the same time, I could use some sleep . . .

Below is just a couple pictures that summarize our week at SERVE.

Our group (the LOLs) working with Evan - see blog post below

The OMG group leading morning worship with Matt Hanegraaff

Beautiful picture at the beach

The official Bradenton SERVE sign :)


 We will be back in just two sleeps!


No comments:

Post a Comment